Thursday, April 27, 2023

Dabur Nepal set to inject additional Rs 9.68 billion investment

The Investment Board Nepal (IBN) and Dabur Nepal signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) today for reinvestment on projects for construction, operation and management of projects for capacity enhancement and diversification of goods on the private investment model.

IBN chief executive officer Sushil Bhatta and Dabur Nepal business head Harkirat Singh Bedi signed the agreement in the presence of the industry minister Ramesh Rijal, who is also a member of the investment board.

Earlier on February 8, the 49th meeting of the board approved the investment for the capacity enhancement and product diversification of Dabur Nepal. There will be an additional investment of Rs 9.68 billion according to the Capacity Enhancement and Diversification Project presented by Dabur Nepal. Dabur Nepal is planning to expand its capacity mainly in production of beverages including fruit juice.

On the occasion, Rijal said that foreign investors curious to invest in Nepal can make decisions by listening to those, who have been investing in the country. 

Dabur Nepal holds 97.5 per cent share of Dabur International Ltd, while the remaining 2.5 per cent share is held by Nepali investor Rukma Shumsher Rana.

The products of Dabur Nepal contributes some 5.34 per cent in total export earnings.

No comments: